Multani Mitti / Fuller's Earth Powder
Multani mitti is widely known for its use in beauty and skin care remedies. Primarily multani mitti face packs to reduce oiliness and lend a healthy glow to the skin, this naturally occurring form of clay has several other uses for skin and hair.
Multani mitti, meaning 'mud from Multan', is also popular as fuller's earth. Packed with minerals, fuller's earth primarily contains varying composition of hydrous aluminium silicates or clay minerals. Common components found in fuller's earth are montmorillonite, kaolinite, and attapulgite, including small amounts of other minerals like calcite, dolomite, and quartz. In some places, fuller's earth refers to calcium bentonite, altered volcanic ash which is mostly composed of montmorillonite.
How To Use Multani Mitti?
Multani Mitti is generally used with water to make a fine paste. The natural ceramic elements render an elastic texture to the clay when mixed with water. This makes it easy for application on hair and skin. You can also enhance the properties of Multani Mitti by mixing a few drops of milk, lemon, honey or essential oils, based on your purpose and problem.
Multani Mitti Uses For Face:
- Prepare a face pack by taking Multani mitti, olive oil, water and carrot pulp in equal proportions.
- Apply this pack on the scars and wash after 15 minutes
- The scars will gradually fade away when used regularly.
- To reduce blemishes, you can use another pack of Multani mitti with sandalwood powder, turmeric and tomato juice.
- Apply this on scars and leave for 10-15 minutes and then. Clean it off.
Reduce Blackening Of Neck:
Multani mitti is an excellent cleansing agent and has highly absorbent qualities. Its cleansing property pulls out the dirt from the skin and helps to remove the darkness on the neck. It works by lightening the skin condition and removing the pigmentation from the skin. Regular usage can render a glowing neckline that is free from the dark neck. Check out how to make Multani Mitti face pack for neck darkening
How To Do:
- You can make a simple pack using Multani mitti and rose water to get rid of blackness.
- Just mix a little amount of sandalwood powder and rose water with Multani mitti to make a smooth paste and apply this on your neck area.
Reduce Dark Patches
It is rich in minerals and helps to reduce the dark patches from the skin and gives the skin a naturally flawless look. To reduce dark patches, you can prepare a homemade facial pack using Multani mitti, curd and mint powder and apply it. While Multani mitti can flush out the toxins from the skin, Yoghurt can naturally moisturize it, while mint powder can cool and soothe your skin. This can be especially used for sunburnt skin.
How To Do:
- Take Multani mitti and curd in equal amount, mix them and leave it for thirty minutes.
- Then take the same amount of mint powder or mint leaves paste and mix them well.
- Apply this pack on the dark patches and leave for 20 to 30 minutes and wash down the area with warm water.